Today is Halloween. I can say I am actually very excited to take my baby trick or treating. He is going to be a dinosaur, obviously, because dinosaurs are his favorite thing ever at the moment. We both have to work today, sadly, so our family is taking him downtown trick or treating during the day. He will have a lot of fun. We took him last year and it was very busy, but so much fun. We will be home just in time to take him around the neighborhood 🙂 If you get passed the happiness of getting a big bag full of candy for free, and really think about how scary this holiday is for a little child. I mean older kids always wear really scary masks and walk around with a huge knife or sword. Which by the way I do not believe in children being able to play with pretend knives, swords, guns, etc. I’ve read multiple posts and readings on this matter and a lot of people say it’s how you raise them and show them how to be nice. Buttttt, what is the point? Why do they need to play with a pretend gun or sword? They are meant to hurt in the end, right? Anyways, back to Halloween!! 🙂 The first year we took Anthony he was 9 months. He had no clue what was going on!! Last year, he got the concept to go up to the doors and say trick or treat- or attempt too:) This year he will GET IT. He knows he gets candy and its so exciting for him. Nothing beats seeing your child happy, right? Everyone have a safe Halloween tonight.
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake
Last night I made such a hit for a dinner. At least according to my family I did! I made Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake and made squash and garlic bread for the sides. Not only was this so good, but we have a lot of extra for lunches, which is always a great thing!
Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake
1 (16 ounce) box of Penne pasta noodles
2 (10 ounce) containers Alfredo sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 (15 ounce) container Ricotta cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried Parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Boil Penne pasta in a large pot of water, according to the package directions. Drain water and return pasta to pot. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the mozzarella cheese. Stir together to combine and then pour mixture in greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy ❤
20 Random Facts
20 Facts~ Here are some totally randomly facts about myself:
1. I was born in California, moved to New Hampshire, then Maryland, then to the wonderful Oregon. I have traveled by car across the country.
2. My favorite color is pink.
3. My favorite number is 5.
4. I am totally obsessed with Pinterest.
5. I love watching Youtube videos.
6. I am a hoarder when it comes to my sons clothes. It is very hard for me to give them away!
7. I am secretly obsessed with law shows. Actually it is no secret!! haha
8. My favorite thing to drink ever is a mango smoothie.
9. I got my black belt when I was about 13 years old. So no one mess with me!
10. I am kind of obsessed with online shopping. I do it when my hubby isn’t home hehe
11. I love writing.
12. I always have to have chap stick with me.
13. I love Facebook and Instagram.
14. I take way too many pictures.
15. I am a very fast reader.
16. I love going on walks, especially at night.
17. I love animals.
18. I love listening to music.
19. I really enjoy staying up late and watching a movie
20. I feel like I get a huge discount with one coupon haha
20 Questions Mom Tag:
1. Are you a stay-at-home mom or working mom? I work twice a week at a law office and I stay home the rest of the time.
2. Would you have it any other way? I love being able to be with my baby and take him to his different activities. I love witnesses all of his first and just spending one on one time with him. I love my job and the people I work with. They have definitely been there for me when I needed them. I am not a place right now to work full time, though.
3. Do you co-sleep? Anthony is never able to fall asleep with both of us in the bed. If it is just me, yes he can. It takes him FOREVER to fall asleep!! He knows he sleeps in his own bed like a big boy with his baby.
4. One must have gear for baby? One must have for a baby is the stroller. Anthony has recently begun hating the stroller. He tells me he will walk right next to me. That is until he sees a bug on the ground that he wants to possibly eat. Then all bets are off. We bought the Baby Trend Expedition Stroller before he was born. It is such a good stroller. We love it. So it is key that we get Anthony to sit in his stroller.
5. How many kids do you plan on having? I want one more GIRL 🙂
6. Date night – how many nights (or day) per month? When we go out on a date, he spends the night my mom. She takes him about once a week. We will only go out maybe once a month.
7. Your child’s favorite show? Anthony loves anything having to do with “Choo Choo’s” or “Dinosaurs”.
8. Name one thing you bought before you had baby that you never ended up using. Baby designer clothes is something that you should not bother to buy. That onsie that you bought for more than your power bill, will be thrown up on, pooped on or peed on. It is not a maybe it will happen, it will!! I’m not saying buy the cheapest of clothes, but don’t waste your money on such expensive clothing until they are older.
9. Child’s favorite food? Anthony’s favorite food right now are eggs. He usually eats them hard boiled or scrambled, but we found out last night that he likes them sunny side up too!
10. How many cars does your family have? We have two cars. I have a Mazda and my fiancé has an Infiniti. I just sold my Pathfinder so I could get a car with better gas mileage. I miss my baby!!!! It’s sad how attached you get to cars, huh?
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now? I gained about 30lbs with my son. I did not get too big with him until the last couple of weeks. I was able to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
12. Dream vacation w/your kiddos? I REALLY want to go to Hawaii as a family. I have always wanted to go there. It looks beyond beautiful and we would love it.
13. Dream vacation without your kiddos? I honestly would go anywhere. It would be nice to get away with my hubby for a bit.
14. How has your life changed since your baby has been born? The number one thing that has changed in my life since my son has been born, is the amount of hours I sleep. I used to get maybe 7 -8 hours of sleep before. Lately, my son has been getting up like twice a night. OMG!!! It’s hard, but my body has conformed to it, sadly. Another thing that has changed is that we can’t just leave whenever and stay out for however long. Everything is on a schedule now and it revolves around that little boy.
15. Finish the sentence…it makes my heart melt to see _________. “Anthony telling me mommy you look pretty!” He is too sweet.
16. Where do you shop for kid(s)? I seriously am addicted to shopping for Anthony. I swear, he can never have enough clothes. The past few weeks, I have been doing a lot of online shopping. I never was a big fan of it, because I never tried it. It is sooooooooo much easier to look click the check out button then to stand in line and check out with a screaming toddler trying to push over a mannequin. Anyways!! Back to the question. My favorite stores, as of now, are Crazy 8, The Children’s Place, and Gymboree. Whenever I go to a store, I am always sure to look at the Clearance items. I have gotten really good deals from that.
17. Favorite make up? I love Maybelline and Mac. I put on my make up for work and if we go out somewhere, but usually I am at home with no make up. Trust me, no one wants to see that!!!
18. Huggies diaper jeans? yay or nay? This is actually the first time that I have ever heard of these diaper jeans and I am NOT a fan. I think those are the ugliest things ever.
19. Have you always wanted kids? HECK YES!!
20. Best part of being a mom? Best part of being a mom is hearing when your child says “I love you” or “You ok mama”. I, personally, feel like sometimes I can seriously rip out my hair from exhaustion and frustration. But, it is that one moment that they show how much they love and care for you, that the sleepless nights and long days, are totally worth it.